Sunday, April 28, 2013

Missing Grams...

Sissy made a paper airplane in her primary class today. When she got home, she was running around the house, trying to get it to fly everywhere. While I was making dinner, she stayed in the same spot and kept throwing it into the sky. She was getting noticeably frustrated each time it crashed to the ground and kept grumbling under her breath. As the plane crashed down the final time, she hung her head and said, "I've gotta get this to Heaven. It HAS to get to Heaven!!" Curiously I asked, "Sis, why are you trying to get it to Heaven?" In her perfectly innocent voice, she says, "Because if I can get it to Heaven, it can bring Grandma Tillotson back to visit. I miss her so much. It's been too long." I walked over to her, wrapped my arms around her, and we both took turns throwing the airplane into the sky.


Oh how we miss you every day, Grams. The ache in our hearts will remain...until we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment